In the Shadow of Lochnagar (Softback)
This is the first book published by Ian Murray
Softback with B&W photos and includes sheet music for local tunes! 148 pages.
Foreword by Dr Adam Watson of Crathes. The book takes the reader through some of the most striking scenery and weaves the story of how the glens and pastures of the area were inhabited, worked and subsequently abandoned.
As with both his books, Ian has researched deeply and used his own findings rather than simply repeating the work of others. He recorded the voices of older folk of the area. This book tells their stories with the help of many photographs of the past.
- Journey to the source of the Gairn (lower)
- Journey to the source of the Gairn (upper)
- Bridge of Gairn to Inver
- Glens of Aberarder and Fearder
- The Farquharsons and Culloden
- Baron Ban o” Monaltrie and Ballater
- Glen Muick
- From the Brig of Muick to Crathie
- Muckle Spates
- Fiddle music by Joe Murray
Published 1992 ISBN 1 873891 10 5 Price excludes postage